Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Using Symbaloo...

For my Symbaloo webmix, I choose to provide sources for my students to learn about Polar Regions. We will be covering this in our writing time with three read-alouds on the subject over the next few weeks as we embark on our expository writing journey. I thought that adding the digital sources along with a few lessons on using reliable sources, giving credit to those sources and creating a digital presentation would be a great way to incorporate 21st century skills into something we are already doing. My students will gain access to the webmix by using the following QR code.


I have also located two videos I will use in the project. The first one I will use is a great example of a second grade student made iMovie trailer. I will play it when I am introducing the lesson. It seems to have similar parameters to those I will give the students, and the creator of the video presented her information in a very interesting way. I chose to use the student created video instead of creating one myself for two reasons. First, it will encourage my students that they will be able to be successful. Second, it saved me time. The only disadvantage to using this video is that after watching it the students may want to create more of a narrative than informational project. The second video that I will use in the project is a “how to” video for making trailers using iMovie. Although, I will teach the students how to make a trailer, I will not spend very much time on it. Also, I may teach it to a small group of students and then have them be the “experts”. Having the “how to” video available will help answer questions when I am not available. Students will access the video using the following QR code.



No comments:

Post a Comment